Here are 10 reasons why other cities should be jealous of Toronto.
1. We're the best city to live in the world. No, really, the Economist says so.
2. Our hip hop scene. Toronto is a breeding ground for a ton of rap stars to come. Jazz Cartier is already on his way up, but watch out for artists like Derek Wise, Roy Wood$, Tasha the Amazon, and Claremont the Second.
3. Our waterfront to come. It might not be there yet, but Toronto's waterfront will be absolutely stunning in the next decade.
4. Our restaurant scene. Not only does the city's food scene continue to grow at a breakneck pace, but the diversity of our cuisine is second to none.
5. Our rising neighbourhoods.
Toronto is a city becoming, and few things are more exciting than
experiencing the rise of a once sleepy area into a hub of creative and
6. Our baseball and basketball teams. Ok, I doubt anyone's particularly jealous of our hockey team, but the Blue Jays enter the season as contenders and the Raptors are wrapping up their best regular season ever.
7. The development boom. Of course we all love to complain about condos, but most cities would drool at the prospect of such profound growth. Some of the city's old character is at risk, but the new Toronto is very exciting.
8. Our nickname. The 6ix is just better than yours.
9. The rise of big retail. Toronto's retail options just keep getting better and better. No wonder the rest of the country hates us.
10. Our tourist trade. Toronto is currently one of the most desirable cities to visit in the world.
Add your reasons other cities should be jealous of Toronto in the comments.
Photo by Greg Patterson in the blogTO Flickr pool.
This Holiday season skittles is putting a little colour in your life
Splendido Restaurant continually ranks as one of Canada's top dining restaurants
The first in Canadian, Regional, Seasonal Cuisine with menu item